Saturday, February 6, 2010

Daddy and Daughters

So tonight is our town's annual Daddy/Daughter Dance. It's a big deal in The House of Payne, as well as, in the House of many others in our quaint little town big city. My girls like getting dressed up, and I like getting them dressed up. NPayne actually enjoys dressing up....even though he might not admit it....and taking his 4 girls to the dance....where....by the way....he is looked upon as fortunate by some, having his hands full by some, and just plain crazy by some for bringing 4 daughters to the dance. NPayne views himself as quite fortunate for being able to accompany his 4 daughters to the "Princess Dance" as Elli calls it. I'll have to admit that he does think the dads sporting tuxedos, top hats, and canes are the crazy ones ;) ! Anyhoo....getting my girls dresses and shoes prepared is fun but a little daunting. They all like to coordinate, match, whatever you want to call it. I had already decided that I wasn't going to spend a small fortune on dresses. If I couldn't find something reasonable, we were going to make due with dresses we already had. Same thing with shoes....make due with what we have. Drew and Bryna wanted to wear their black sparkly shoes, so I was thrilled that they still fit. HOWEVER I wasn't thrilled that many of the "black sparklys" had rubbed off.
But I was determined not to buy any shoes....after all these fit fine!
So....I did a little magic with a Sharpie...and VOILA....
Good as new!

Just to make you smile.....
some pictures of NPayne and our 4tunate daughters before the "Princess Dance".







No comments: