Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...already?

It's the most wonderful time of the year....or so they say! I am not a huge lover of Christmas....the materialistic, over indulgent, over planning, kind of way; and it really use to bother me when people jumped the gun and went straight from Halloween to Christmas. But that's because Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday....besides our birthdays! I've decided to let that whole "already decorating and listening to Christmas music" thing go, and just embrace the holidays as best I can. Living right in the middle of "The Christmas Capital of Texas" is also not nearly as enjoyable as it may sound, but once again....I'm going to do my best not to let it wear me out this year. So let me start by listing some things I'm thankful for:
My family
My kids
NPayne
Love
Jesus Christ
My church
My job/s
a house to clean
groceries to buy
cars to maintenance
teachers
schools
FRIENDS
pets
health
all of the wonderful care the medical profession can provide
technology
music
Pastors
spending my day listening to giggling children
Kenda...my Bible Study leader
My parents
Money (in the necessary sort of way)
Armed Forces
Baseball
"Jesus Calling"
My Bible
My Sunday School class
Elli's sitter and my friend
My time here on earth
Down time
My camera
Journaling
And that's just to name a few!
If you are reading my blog, then I'm thankful for you too!
I know I may be jumping the gun...but Happy Thanksgiving! Be thankful everyday!

No comments: