Friday, January 4, 2013

FRUSTRATING

Visited the orthopedist yesterday and had all external sutures removed.  All is looking good, and the scarring will be miniscule.  Unfortunately I have two more weeks in the sling, no use of my arm yet.  I knew this was a possibility, but for some reason it hit me harder than I thought.  Thinking about trying to work, care for my kids and get them to and from, and take care of my arm is becoming a little overwhelming.  NPayne has done a super terrific job, and will continue as always, of taking on my duties along with his; but it will become much more challenging with the kids starting back to school and activities and me trying to work.  My arm is so sore, and I get whipped fast; so the working part has me the most concerned.  I think I will be able to do some from home, but truthfully I don't know how much I can do at this point.  I have spent the last 2 weeks lying in bed and being able to lie down whenever I feel sick, tired, or just whipped; and having a lot of help.  I have found myself in complete mode of tears and mental breakdown the last few days as I attempt to dress myself, pick up around the house, make a glass of tea or anything....it is so frustrating and painful!  I'm too old for this....I'm too young for this!  Then I think about people, like my mother, who have so many more health issues to deal with....life changing health issues...issues that aren't going to make them "good as new" in a few months; and I remember that all is going to be fine.  It's just a bump, a little bump, in the road.

No comments: