Tuesday, April 30, 2019

People

Do you ever people watch?  I am fascinated by people.  I don't always people watch, but when given the opportunity to observe, I do.  When I am observing strangers in whatever setting we are in, I often wonder what their personal life is like.  For example, how many people are in their family?  Do they live in a house, apartment, mobile home, or do they even have a place to call home?  Are there 2 parents, 1 parent, any parents?  Are they married, dating, single, widowed?  What struggle are they in, or is everything going really well right now?  I've learned that you can't judge a book but also that ...we have no idea what someone is experiencing whether that be joy or heartbreak.  Sometimes the people who seem to have it all together are the ones who don't, and those who don't seem to have it all together are the ones who do.  Life is weird like that...it deals out certain cards  and sometimes it's a great hand and sometimes you lose everything. Either way, I strive to be open minded and kind.  This world is harsh enough, isn't it?  Sprinkle that kindness, inclusion and compassion around like confetti.

No comments: