Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March 3rd....Best Day of 1997

Happy 23 years around the sun to my oldest child, Addison Jo Payne! The one who made me a mom. I remember calling my own mother, a few days, after you were born and telling her that now I truly understood how much she loved me. You were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen, and people told you and me that all the time. When you were a toddler, I didn't want you to think beautiful was the only thing you were; so I would say "You're so smart and funny"! And wouldn't you know it, we were all right; because you are all 3: beautiful, smart and funny! I taught you all the things by the time you were two: alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, how to write your name, every single animal sound there was, how to shake your tail feathers, dance a jig, and much more. You soaked it up like a little sponge and when your sisters came along, you were the one doing the teaching. I think you taught Drew, Bryna and Elliot all how to read and always made it so much fun that I don't think they even realized they were learning all the things you were teaching. You are one of the main reasons your sisters have such caring and generous hearts. It all started with you and a lemonade stand, when you were a little girl, to raise awareness for autism; because you loved your baby brother so much. It was because you gave/give so much of yourself to your siblings and how you love them to the moon and back. The relationship you all share is truly the greatest gift to me!
You're an amazing and extremely talented artist, and one of the most creative people I know. You're quiet wit is one of my favorite things in the world. You have fought some big big battles, and I'm so proud and thankful for your bravery and strength. Your faith and love for Jesus is contagious, and you are going to continue to do so much good just by letting The Lord guide your steps. He is using you well. Keep inspiring, shining, leading and loving!! Although you have been an adult for several years now, you will always be my beautiful, smart, funny baby! I adore you! You are my sunshine!! Love, Mama

No comments: