Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

It's the first day of Lent. I have no idea what I'm giving up. In fact, I would really like to take something on. What? I'm not sure yet. My oldest is giving up soda and Facebook. She will be thinking about the sacrifice a whole lot, since she is the queen of Facebook. Actually she is the princess, because i am the queen. ;) My two youngest are giving up dessert and candy. They wanted to give up chocolate milk and lemonade, however, neither of them drink chocolate milk or lemonade; so......not really working for me. Then my smack dab in the middle child, Drew, decided to take something on. She and 2 of her sweet friends are holding a food and supply drive for our local animal shelter. Me???? Still not sure, but I'll keep praying about it. I want it to be meaningful. My everyday life has been lacking in the service area lately, and I need to change that....with God's direction of course.

No comments: