Sunday, August 21, 2022

Grieving The World

 Oh hey,

It's been a minute since I've blogged, but don't you fret; I have been writing, just not publicly.  I have had many many thoughts to share, but I have not had the energy to share.  The world has beaten me down, and getting through most days has been hard.  I'm also the type of writer, who writes in the moment, so if I'm at work or driving or grocery shopping (completely using this for an example, because I don't actually grocery shop) when inspiration hits me; then I don't write it...it just stays in my thoughts...mulling over and over and doing all the overthinking.  This morning I had the strong urge to write here, so here we go....

I read something recently that said, "You may not be depressed, you may be grieving the world."  Being an empath, I felt that to my core.  I have contemplated this thought hundreds of times since I read it a few weeks ago, and I've also come to realize that grieving the world can cause depression.  Over the last few years many things have changed.  Some as the result of the pandemic, some as the result of people's choices, some as the result of day to day life.  I know that I am grieving the world. 

My family and I no longer attend church together regularly.

My best friend is in deep despair.

My community is becoming more and more intolerant, prejudice and exclusive.

My #4 moved away to college.

My precious JosieFina pup crossed the rainbow bridge.

My health is not the best.

My world and everything around me feels unsafe.

My job is very very hard.

I am afraid.

Happiness has been hard to find, but the innate joy that comes from knowing my future is still there.

Psalm 28:6-7

Praise be to the Lord,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.




No comments: