Thursday, January 8, 2015

Madalyn

My mother-in-law has been very ill.  She is currently in ICU but finally stabilized.  The doctors have been baffled, and it took several days to get her stable.  NPayne has been visiting her regularly, in between work, and home.  The first night she was in ICU, he came home; and I could tell it was wearing him down.  After losing both my parents, I know the torment of wanting what's best for you ailing parent, wanting them here with you, wanting no more suffering, the exhaustion of the worry and driving back & forth, and the WAITING!  He filled me in, and as he was about to walk out of our room I said; It doesn't matter how prepared you think you are, you won't be.  He nodded through weepy eyes, a quivery voice; and said I know.  It's stressful when your parent is ailing....one of the most stressful things I've endured.  I don't know if everyone will agree with this next statement or not, but I felt so blessed to be with both of my parents at the time of their death.  It broke my heart in a million pieces, and the pain is more than I can describe in words; but I was so glad they knew I was there with them.  We are praying for Madalyn to get better, it's going to be a long recovery.  I am praying for my husband and his sister as they travel back & forth to be with their mom.

No comments: