Saturday, August 11, 2018

I Love You My Friend!

One morning on the train in Chicago, I was people watching; because that’s what I do. Studying people, because nobody was really talking; so I couldn’t eavesdrop. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ I was looking at all the different faces thinking...isn’t it simply the most flabbergasting thing to think of all the people you will see one time in your entire life and never see again? Seriously think about that...so many lovely and interesting people that we only see once and maybe never even speak to.  Think of what you could be missing and what they could be missing in you.  They have purpose, they have worth, they have love; and so do you!
As the week went on, I studied people everywhere we went. I saw some kindness and some unkindness. I saw some quiet people, loud people and all in between. I saw a lot of people without much.  Some with smiles and joy and some without. I always wonder about their journey. I wonder how someone with no place to go, no food to eat, nothing but the few things in the plastic bag beside them can be smiling so big.  And I wonder about those who don't smile or make any eye contact.  I wonder about the one who holds the sign that says "Homeless and Ashamed" and the one who shakes his cup full of rocks to make it sound like it is full of change.  I wonder about the ones who have animals.  I wonder about the ones who don't.  And then I wonder about the people who pass by, the ones who I saw cruelly making fun or teasing the people who are trying to make a few bucks.  What journey are they on?  It doesn't seem any better than the one who is "Homeless and Ashamed".  We are all children of God. He loves us all the same.  The ones in need, the ones ashamed, the ones who are cruel, the ones who smile, the ones who don't.  If we could just remember that we look different on the outside, but we are mostly the same on the inside; I think things might be better.  

No comments: