Monday, March 17, 2014

Costa Rica

I just returned from Costa Rica.  Me, along with 15 other people, from our church went there to do mission work.  I was so blessed to spend the past week in Las Juntas and Coronado with my sweet Addi + 10 other youth and 4 other adults.  I can never begin to explain the things I felt while I was there and still do.  As I sat on the bus driving from Las Juntas to San Jose for our last day in Costa Rica, I quietly wept at the thought of leaving the people I had met and fallen in love with behind.  How in the world is it possible to bond so deeply with people you just met, who don't speak the same language as you?  The Holy Spirit was ever so present in every moment we spent there, and I can't stop thinking about the trip.  I don't want to forget the wonderful things that happened there, the transformations, the relationships, the need....I don't want to forget it.  I am praying for a way to get back there as often as possible, to help the people who are trying so hard to help their community and spread the love of Christ.  When I left the rest of my family behind last weekend, I said....it's not goodbye, it's see you later.  When I left Costa Rica and the people there, I said....it's not goodbye, it's Hasta Luego!  God is good....even in the midst of poverty, struggles and hard things....HE IS GOOD! As I reflect on this past week, I will post more about this wonderful place and its wonderful people.

No comments: