Friday, June 24, 2016

NPayne

Sometimes I wonder...okay actually often I wonder...what more is there? I am happy and have wonderful family, friends and more than I could ever need. I've rarely ever worked a job I didn't enjoy. We have a nice home, cars that run and good health (at least most of us). NPayne has a job that pays pretty well, provides insurance and some retirement. Still I wonder...is this it? Neil doesn't love his job. It doesn't bring him joy, and I often think he's not reaching his potential or using his gifts. I'm not saying this just because he's my awesome husband and father of my children, but because I truly believe it. Neil has a gift in service. He serves so well, and he serves well alongside teens. He is a good leader. He is a good encourager. He is a good listener. He is a good example. He has always sacrificed, so I could work a job I loved (since I can't seem to find a job I love that pays enough to support the family).  He has sacrificed so our kids would have more than they need. He is good at his job, actually he is great at his job: but I wonder if there could be more for him. Would it be worth it for him to leave a secure, decent paying, insurance providing job for a new start? Leave it for something that would be hard and new and pay significantly less? Leave it for something where his family would have to make sacrifices for him? Leave it for something that would bring joy to so many...especially him. I think it would. Now I just have to convince him.

No comments: