Sunday, July 8, 2018

You Do You

You know how sometimes something that's been really hard pushes you to do something unexpected, in a good way?  Well maybe you don't, but this has happened to me a few times in my 51 years of life.  Tonight was one of those.  I was listening to our youth pastor give a message when it occurred to me....that I put way too much energy into what other people think of me.  This isn't really a surprise to me, because I've known this for a very very long time; and it's a struggle.  Now this next part might sound kinda harsh....but I found myself thinking....I don't care what people think!  I know I'm a good person, with a good heart who tries to do the right thing for every single person I meet,  which can be very challenging sometimes.  I'm an empath, so I feel people's hurts so so hard.  It often leaves me feeling like a failure, because you just can't please every single person in the world.  But let me tell you how often I have tried to do that. Not every single person is going to be happy every minute of every day as much as you want them to.  Life is hard!!  This can also leave me feeling unworthy, insecure and very lonely; because hurt and sadness....even other people's....can be very isolating.  But tonight I felt this release and some tension leave my body, and I thought to myself....you are worthy and good and loved, and the only thoughts that matter are Jesus's; and He adores you.  So go on and keep doing you, because Jesus knows where you're coming from.  And then I thought, I hope this sticks for a while.

No comments: