Sunday, October 28, 2018

Find Your Something

This is my smack dab in the middle child.  She followed her heart and started a ministry to help feed homeless people.  God spoke to her, and she listened.  A really cool reporter did a story about it.  You can watch it here.  When the reporter, Sean Giggy, asked me how I felt when she first suggested making these bags, I thought about it a bit.  And although I'm really proud of each of my kids for different things (they are really all amazing people), pride isn't what I felt.  I don't really feel "proud" when my kids do things we should all be doing like helping and loving others.  At least not now, that they are all old enough to do this on their own.  I do feel grateful and joyful that she has encouraged so many other people (including me) to get involved in helping and loving in this way.  But mainly what I feel is hope....in the future!  When Sean sent me the link to watch the story, I told him he had done a really good job on the story; and I said "Who knows...maybe she'll raise that million dollars."  After thanking me for allowing him to air it, he replied with "Let's hope."  HOPE...sometimes that's all we have, so keep grasping at it.  And remember you can't do everything, but you can do something.  So find that something.  And if you do wanna help raise a million dollars, click right here.
! ;)

No comments: