Monday, November 5, 2018

What A Difference A Year Makes

"Isn't it crazy how we can look back a year ago and realize how much everything has changed?  The amount of people that have left your life, entered and stayed.  The memories you won't forget and the moments you wish you did.  Everything.  It's crazy how all that happened in just one year."

CRAZY HUH?  The other day I was thinking about this time last year and how much things have changed since then.  I was thinking about this time 2 years ago and how much things have changed.  I was thinking about this time 4 years ago and how much things have changed, and 7 years ago and 13 years ago and 28 years ago.  So many things change in such a short time, and yet many things stay the same.  Isn't it funny how we can reflect back on hard things and remember it being so so hard, but also remember it with such love?  That's kinda how I remember things that have changed and people that have left my life.  Many times it's part of the plan, the bigger plan, that we don't see.  Many times it's just the circle of life and natural consequences.  Many times it's due to choices that were made.  However it came about, I always look for something good.  Then there are those who have come into your life for different reasons....hopefully good ones, but sometimes not; and you wonder about these people and what part they will play in the grand scheme of your life.  And of course those who stay, and those are people I'm so thankful to have.  If they stay, it's usually because I want them there; but sometimes out of circumstance.  All of the people, who have left my life, come into my life, and stayed in my life have left an impact on my journey.  Sometimes it was to teach me something, sometimes it was for me to teach them, sometimes it was just to support and love each other and sometimes it was to learn how to handle conflict; but for all of them....I am grateful.

No comments: