Thursday, July 1, 2010

MY WEEK

One wedding down, one to go...phew...it's exhausting editing 1000+ photos...but it's finished. I still have one wedding left to edit, but it was a much much much smaller occasion; so it shouldn't take nearly as long.
Our VBS this week has been loads of fun....I was the "floater" which is quite a nice change. I've been the preschool director of our VBS for the last umpteen years until this year. Last summer, I kindly decided it was time to give someone else a chance to love directing preschool. This year I have been a commander (which is what the adult classroom leaders are referred to this year, since our theme is space). I have gotten to help lead kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2 separate preschool rooms. As I said, it's been loads of fun! My children are loving it as well. Our children's pastor, Nathan, is a real gem....SOLID! Our VBS adopts missions each year to support, and this year we've adopted 3: Feed Our Kids, Soccer Balls for children in Africa, Scholarships to send local 5th graders to NASA for space camp. Each day to help bribe motivate the children to bring money to support missions, Pastor Nathan agrees to do something outrageous....crazy....silly....nuts.... if the children will bring a certain amount of money each day. The first day, Nathan got 2 pies in the face! HEE HEE! The second day, he wore a pink dress and wig all day which would be disturbing if I didn't know him. The third day, he drank an entire bottle of Louisiana hot sauce....can you say PEPCID?. And the last day, he will be drenched with chocolate sauce. I'm going to have to admit if I didn't attend our church and didn't know Nathan, I would think this whole thing was crazy and maybe even a little cruel; but since he is completely on board....and it works....the children bring mission money....well.....I still think it's crazy, but as I said....it works! I will tell you that seeing Nathan walk across our church parking lot sporting a pink dress and wig was....well...shall I say....funny and weird. One more day of fun to be had in VBS space tomorrow or as Elli refers to it....PBS (Pacation Bible School)! She's so stinkin' cute!

No comments: