Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Empty

There have been many things on my mind lately.....mainly that feeling of confusion. I have a wonderful life and am so blessed and so happy, but.....I find myself feeling very empty a lot of the time. I wasn't sure why, and I kept trying and trying to figure it out. I love my husband, and he loves me....that's not it. I adore my children, and they adore me.....that's not it. I have the best friends in the world....that's not it! I am still adjusting to working, outside of the home, every day and trying to balance life in between....could that be it? I feel bombarded by insignificant details for the major part of my day....could that be it? The busyness, chaos, and crowding of the area that surrounds me wears me out....maybe that's it. I wasn't sure. Then I read this.....
"Let me bless you with My grace and Peace. Open your heart and mind to receive all that I have for you. Do not be ashamed of your emptiness. Instead, view it as the optimal condition for being filled with My Peace. It is easy to touch up your outward appearance, to look as if you have it all together. Your attempts to look good can fool most people. But I see straight through you, into the depths of your being. There is no place for pretense in your relationship with Me. Rejoice in the relief of being fully understood. Talk with Me about your struggles and feelings of inadequacy. Little by little, I will transform your weaknesses into strengths. Remember that your relationship with Me is saturated in grace. Therefore, nothing that you do or don't do can separate you from My Presence." From Jesus Calling Devotional!
Once again, I am not taking the time needed to spend time in my relationship with Jesus. My heart and mind is not completely open to receive....not because I don't want it to be....but because I haven't figured out how to prioritize. I'm tired....I'm just plain tired. I don't feel like I'm doing enough. I don't feel like I'm living each moment to its fullest but just getting through the day. I don't want to miss one precious moment with my children....not one moment.

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: