Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm That Mom

I'm that mom that gets up early enough to make a cup of coffee, but then still wears her pjs to drop my kids off at school.
I'm that mom that totally and completely trusts my kids to make their own breakfast in the morning, so
I can sleep a little later  teach them to be responsible.
I'm that mom that can be completely dressed to head out the door for the day in 20 minutes total....which includes a shower, shaving her legs, makeup and getting dressed.
I'm that mom that would rather spend the first hour of the morning sitting around in my pjs reading my devotionals, sipping my coffee, checking my email, and catching up on facebook.
I'm that mom that makes my kids do their homework right when they get home....actually after a snack....so we can move on to the fun stuff.
I'm that mom that is firm, believes in and tries to carry out natural consequences...good or not so good!
I'm that mom that thinks all kids should be exposed to the Arts!
I'm that mom that wishes she would have home schooled a long time ago.
I'm that mom that would rather have her kids at home than have them out and about.
I'm that mom that would have had 5 more babies had that been part of the plan.
I'm that mom that has made a lot of mistakes and is trying to learn from them instead of dwell on them.
I'm that mom that wishes I didn't have to work outside the home, so I could work more inside the home.
I'm that mom that is blessed more than I could have ever imagined I would be!

No comments: