Monday, December 31, 2012

Checking In

Well it's been a while since I've posted, and a lot has happened.  My youngest got the flu....yuck....I had surgery....yuck and yea....Christmas came and went.... happy/sad.....I had another birthday....yea....and now it's almost a new year!  WOW!  Told ya....a lot has happened.  E was so sick the week before Christmas....fortunately she was able to take Tamiflu, and it helped her feel better in time to go to her class Christmas party.  I, on the other hand, did not fair so well.  I went in for exploratory surgery on my shoulder and to repair a bone spur and possible rotator cuff tear.  It turns out that my rotator cuff was nearly severed, and the doc had to put a screw in.  Needless to say, a lot more invasive than I thought. So from Dec. 20th -27th.....I've slept in a drug induced state of seriously strong pain medication.  I vaguely remember Christmas and my birthday.  Fortunately we had a birthday do over yesterday, and it was fab.  My family has been taking good care of me.  NPayne is the best at taking care!  He really is!  As weird as it sounds, I'm thankful that I had enough health issues that caused me to reach my deductible this year.  Otherwise I might have put the shoulder surgery on hold, and then it could have been really bad.  We have moved B up into part of the playroom as her "own" room...what she asked for for Christmas.  Now all of our children have their own rooms.  I think, after we moved B out of the room she shared with E, everyone was a little envious of E's room; because it's large and clean and large!  We rearranged Drew's room, cleaned out a bunch of stuff, and will be ready for NPayne to build a wall to give B some privacy.  Soon....and very soon....we are starting a remodel.  I can feel it coming.....I am hoping that NPayne gets it moving very soon.  I'm so ready for that laundry room, private bathroom and newly renovated kitchen.  I think that's why it's 2:15 am, and I'm still up....day dreaming or I guess it would technically be called night dreaming.  I'm so excited to get stuff done, but I'm mainly excited to get organized.  Living in chaos makes me grumpy and very unhappy!  I really can't stand it....it consumes me!  I know it may seem silly, but it really really drives me nutso!  Of course I can't do a lot to help right now, with the sling and sutures and all, but I can certainly give verbal cues!  ;)  Thought I would check in and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I'm striving for a simpler, uncluttered 2013!

No comments: