Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Happy Happy

I know I've talked about this before, but I truly believe happiness is a choice.  Circumstances in your life or the lives of others can delegate happiness or unhappiness, but I believe that you can make a conscious choice to be happy even in the midst of pain.  When I look at the things in my life that are good, there are an abundance.  My life is not perfect, and I struggle with many things....some that I have not revealed to anyone but God; but I learned a long time ago to embrace the good and be grateful.  NPayne has taught me so much about this, and I am so very thankful that God constantly reminds me through my husband.    Now I'm going to take this from I to We.....When we step back and look at troubles we are facing vs. troubles of many others, it's eye opening and much is revealed.  I'm not minimizing our struggles and troubles, but it does put a lot in perspective.  Think about all of the children who are starving or dying from lack of food and clean water, all of the children who are slaves to sex trafficking, who are being abused, who are in physical or emotional pain, all of the children who are ill or dying from illness, who have nobody to care for them or show them love, all of the children who don't know Jesus.  I meditate on the following saying often...."Something You Take For Granted, Someone Else is Praying For"!  It's easy to get wrapped up in our own sadness, heartbreak; and I'm not saying we shouldn't....for a time....but then choose happiness.  What I try to remember is that there is a time for everything.....for me....right now, it's time for peace!


There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
     a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
     a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
     a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
     a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

No comments: