Friday, November 6, 2015

Give Thanks!! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19

In the hardest of times, we reach for Him.  In the happiest of times, sometimes we don't.  Over the last several years, I have made a conscious effort to wake up and thank God for another day, to give Him the praise and adoration He longs for.  Today is one of those days. 10 years ago today I walked out of a church service and was greeted by my best friend with a very solemn look on her face.  I just knew she was going to tell me my daddy had died, and I had not been there. Anytime I left my parents' house, I was afraid he would die; and I wouldnt be with him.  He was so very ill, and I knew the time was coming.  Instead she told me that my beloved Mamaw had died in her sleep.  My family and friends knew I was in a fragile state as we waited for what was inevitable with my daddy, so my cousin had called my friend in hopes that she could break the news of my Mamaw's passing to me and catch me when I fell.  The strangest thing happened, although I was immediately saddened for my own personal loss; I was filled with joy for Mamaw.  My Papaw had passed away in 1990, and she had missed him so much; and I knew she was reunited with him.  But mostly I knew she was rejoicing, because she couldn't wait to meet Jesus.   My Mamaw was the most faithful person I had ever known.  She introduced me to Jesus and told me all about Him, and I knew she couldn't wait to meet Him.  I have never felt that inert sadness at her passing, don't misunderstand, I miss her like crazy; but for as long as I could remember she was ready to meet Jesus.  On November 6, 2005...she did. The next day, my daddy died in the front room of our house; and I was with him.

No comments: