Tuesday, May 17, 2016

It's Almost Summer.....Can I Get An Amen??

It's almost summer, and I cannot wait. I love having my kids home, and I really love the freedom summer provides.  The 2 oldest both have summer jobs, so that will be interesting; but the other 3 and I will be doing a whole lotta nothing.  Actually we will be doing something, but it will be easy and breezy....until the temps reach 110....then it will be hot and sweaty.  Nonetheless....I love summer.  In July, we are going to Colorado for a week.  One of my lifelong friend's parents gifted us their time share for a full week in Pagosa Springs.  I am the only Payne that has ever been to Colorado, and I've only been during the frigid months.  We are all quite excited about the adventure, but especially Addi.  She has been researching and googling and googling and researching all sorts of stuff to do.  She is not a fan of the HOT that is during the Texas summers, so the thought of Colorado keeps her floating on Cloud 9 whatever that means.  I have some changes coming next Fall, and although I am clueless about most of it; I am confident in the direction.  I think it's going to be great, and I am kinda giddy about it.  But....I don't want to rush through the summer to get there....I want it to last a good loooooong while.  As the school year comes to an end for us (which really it kinds ends for me after spring break), I am anxiously counting down these last few weeks until we are FREE!  I like schedules and routines and planning, but I have also been reminded that I was not particularly fond of any of those things until I became a mama...especially a mama of a boy who had to have those things for survival and peace.  Now that he has become more flexible and adaptable, I am resorting to my old ways...woot woot.  It's kinda scary, since NPayne is not in the least bit of a planner; but we will see how things go.
HAPPY HAPPY ALMOST SUMMER!!!

No comments: