Monday, December 10, 2018

There's This Boy...

There's a boy in one of my classes who makes me think of what Neil would have been like as a sophomore.  He's quiet, almost always tardy and some may think he's lazy or doesn't care; but really he's just the epitome of being laid back.  I would guess he doesn't have a lot of interest in school academics, because he doesn't think he will be able to afford to go to college. I would guess his parents work a lot, and he probably does too, so he may be more focused on paying some bills and helping to feed the family.  I would guess he has a really sweet heart and is very kind.  I would guess his sense of humor is wonderful, and he doesn't take things too seriously....even when they are.  I would guess he won't go to college but will end up being pretty successful, but he will have to work triple the time to climb his way up.  I would guess he is gentle and loving and will be a really good husband and father.  Not long ago, I was driving home; and I saw him cross the street.  He was wearing a Guns 'N Roses t-shirt with his long hair blowing in the wind, and he made eye contact with me while I was sitting in my car.  He gave me a slight smile, nod and a little wave; and I waved back.  It makes me smile to see who I think my better half might have been like when he was in high school, because I think this young man has a bright future ahead of him.  And someday a lot of people will see this too.

No comments: