Sunday, May 19, 2019

BUSY BUSY BUSY

MAY: noun; the month when everyone wants you to do all the things and pay for all the things.
Synonyms:  AUGUST and DECEMBER


Seriously could it be a busier time of year?  It's all fun and good stuff, but it's a lot of stuff.  Neil got up at 5:30 and drove a group of people (Addi included) to Love Field to get on a plane to Houston, sit all day in the airport and finally get on their connecting flight to Costa Rica.  Drew had her PROM last night and is on her way to Houston for a fun trip with 2 of her friends and a mama.  She was one of the Reverend Carol scholarship recipients.  Cal, Neil and I went to the Center of Unity Church this morning on her behalf.  I'm so glad we did, it was the sweetest service.  This was the only scholarship that she had to interview for which I didn't think she would do due to anxiety, but she did; and she loved it and they loved her.  Reverend Carol sent her the sweetest handwritten note a few weeks ago, and it was so incredibly meaningful.  I missed Drew being there with us this morning, because I know how much she would have enjoyed the service and seeing the scholarship committee again.  I know God felt that longing in my heart, because He showed up big.  One of the scholarship interviewers sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" which was one of my mom's favorite songs.  I can't remember the last time I heard that song, so I knew it was meant for me.  And the scripture read was Psalm 139:14 which is Drew's favorite scripture.  It was such a blessed morning.  Reverend Carol, who retired in 2018, was there and spoke to each of the recipients and to the congregation.  Her words were so genuine and spot on, and her voice quivered when she told them how incredibly proud she was of them and how thankful she is to be part of their journey.  She told us all how these kids are so important for the future of our world, but also how they are important and making a huge difference RIGHT NOW!  She named some of the things the recipients are doing right now to make a difference, and it was amazing at how they are currently changing the world for the better.  The advice she gave the was this:
1.  Don't lose contact with your family.  Texting is fine, but we like to hear your voices; so call sometimes.
2.  Laugh a lot!
3.  Look at the best within yourself and especially others, even those who disappoint you; because it's there.
4.  Stay true to your truth!
5.  Remember you're never alone! God is always with you!
I'm so grateful.  Neil and Elliot are currently working the church parking lot fundraising for mission trips.  Bryna is about to have her final masterclass play and then Bryna and Elliot and I will be heading to Allen for their dance recital dress rehearsal.  Busyness overwhelms me, and my eye has started twitching which is a sign of stress; but it only lasts for a short time....just like all of these fun activities.  Time is such a weird thing, isn't it?  Sometimes it seems so slow and other times, it passes in the blink or twitch of an eye.  I'm just trying to relish in all of these moments...eye twitch and all.

No comments: