Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Little Pieces of Advice

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I have a few things that I repeat over and over when I run into certain circumstances. When I begin to worry about things that are going to happen in the future, I repeat "Fear Not, For I Am With You!" When I find myself feeling less than satisfied with a certain situation, I repeat "Rejoice always, pray continueally, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. Don't quench the spirit." When I find myself feeling tired or discontent, I repeat "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Actually I sing that one....you know like the song?? My very dear friend, Kenda, taught me about 5 years ago that it's good to know scripture by heart....so that when you are in a tough situation....or in my case a mood or a funk....you can repeat scripture that brings you back to what's important. I can never thank her enough for telling me that, because it truly helps me. She also told me about reading a Proverb every day....there are 31 Proverbs, so you always have enough to cover you for the entire month. If there aren't 31 days in the month, then just double up on the last one! I love it when simple pieces of advice, like these, turn out to oftentimes be life changing things. Pass it on....read a Proverb and have a good day rejoicing in the Lord!

No comments: