Wednesday, July 17, 2013

CONFESSION

I'm going to throw something out there, and I apologize in advance if it is offensive; but....I DO NOT LIKE SLEEPOVERS!  There I said it....I just don't.  Okay so does this make me a bad mom?  Not sure, but it makes me an honest one.  As the kids get older, sleepovers are easier; but honestly I just kinda like having them all to myself.  Now as far as hosting sleepovers....well here goes....I REALLY DO NOT LIKE SLEEPOVERS!  My kids are always so grumpy the next day, and they oftentimes keep me up; and I'm not good without sleep.  Now with all of the confessing going on, I must also confess this....I pretend that I like sleepovers for my kids.  Just to share a little irony with you...as I'm typing this....I KID YOU NOT....Elliot comes to me and says, "I'm having the best time with K.  I think this is going to be the best sleepover ever.  I'm glad you planned it!" And then she puckered up and kissed me on the lips with a big ear to ear smile!  So I guess that makes a little difference in how I feel about sleepovers....a LITTLE...when I'm tired and dealing with grumpy kids tomorrow, I'll get back to you.

No comments: