Saturday, October 4, 2014

In The Moment

Today was good. My family and I explored our community. We went to a huge book sale, a basketball game, several thrift stores and did lots of window shopping, we ended the day with supper and coconut pie. It was one of the best days I've had in a very long time. As we sat at the diner waiting for our food, I looked at my kids' faces and their smiles as they shared their stories, their roses; and my heart nearly exploded. I couldn't help but let my mind wander to this day in a few years...will Addi be with us? Will there be a beau accompanying her? Will we have many more days where all 7 of us hang out together all day long? My kids are growing up....and I thank God for that, but it's so bittersweet. I've been a mama for so long, and I knowI always be; but their independence....it's a beautiful thing and a heart wrenching thing. So for now, I try to focus on the RIGHT NOW....RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

No comments: