Sunday, August 23, 2015

College Take Two!

We took our oldest baby to college last week.  We dropped her off, and I felt so good about it.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  Today I'm realizing why....it was because I knew I would be back a few days later for parent orientation, it was because I knew she was coming home this weekend, it was because it was like she was at camp not college.  We took her back today, and it was hard. I won't be going back for parent orientation in a few days, and she won't be coming home this weekend.  When we got home, I stood in her room and cried and cried and cried.  I folded laundry and cried and cried and cried.  I re-heated leftovers and cried and cried and cried.  Y'all being a mom is hard...sending your baby to college is hard...I don't even know how to explain it.  It's different than any of the other "hards" I've experienced as a mom, because I know this is the first step of her leaving the nest for good.  It's the goal, but it's still hard.  Now excuse me while I cry.

No comments: