Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School Shenanigans!!

Today is the first day of school.  HELLOOOOO Summer, or should I say GOODBYE Summer; but honestly I feel like it just started and now it's over....what the what?  I'm sad, happy, numb, irritated, joyful, etc., etc., etc.  I did my best to get them ready for this school year, sort of anyway.  I bought them new backpacks and shoes and sent them with healthy food to eat, I think, actually I didn't make a single lunch for today; so I have no idea....but let's pretend I know.  I made sure they went to bed clean, brushed their teeth, ate their sugary breakfast....that's only for the first day I promise.  There was deodorant, body spray, detangler and mouthwash going on all up in here, and they all looked presentable....even Elli still looked cute after sleeping in her first day of school dress.  I took pictures, gave hugs/kisses, said some prayers, watched them walk out the door to cars and buses.  I looked at all my Facebook friends first day posts and smiled a lot....I kinda love this day on Facebook....it might be my favorite.  My friends who don't post much usually post, and I am into it....thank you friends....you know who you are.  I text my college girl, emailed NPayne the weekly calendar of events and sent a few emails/texts; and then I took a 30 minute uninterrupted bubble bath, which is my favorite part of the first day of school, ran some errands and then....I stopped and looked around.  The house is a wreck....I mean total disaster....clean clothes all over my laundry room aka sofa, popcorn on the floor...why? I'm not sure.  I don't even know when it was popped or spilled on the floor eaten, shoes everywhere...we have way too many, leftover school supplies that they decided they didn't need, dishes in the sink, not a single bed made, leftover paint/crafts on the dining room table, and the list goes on.  So today I should be tidying up, but I will spend my time sitting in the quiet, drinking coffee and enjoying the first moment of alone I've had in 3 months.  I will miss you summer....really miss you, but I am ready for part 2 of 2015...let's rock this school year folks! And the best part is....Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it is my favorite! Oh and that diet....it starts tomorrow!

No comments: