Wednesday, May 16, 2018

She is beautiful,
but you really cannot comprehend it until you understand that she is the result of the pieces that she refused to let life take from her. 
JM Storm




I saw this quote today, and I was like....DING DING DING....the lightbulb went on for me.  I have thought this exact thing about many other women I love, who have had hard things, happen in their lives.  But I have never thought it about myself until I read it today, and I thought.....OH I GET IT NOW.....this applies to me too.  Funny how sometimes we can think that our sufferings or pains aren't as deep as others.  I've done that a lot of my life....while trying to get through something really hard.  I've kept it to myself, because I thought if I talked about it too much; it would become a burden to others.  There are some things that have happened that I have never told to another soul....never.  I've prayed about it and asked God to give me the nudge if I should.  I've felt close a few times, but I've never carried it out. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to say some of those things out loud.  It's a fight for us all to keep those pieces, isn't it?  But today I read those words, and I saw myself as beautiful in a way that I never have before; and I think that's a start.

No comments: