Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 3rd, the best day of 1997!!!





Happy 22nd Birthday Addison Jo Payne....my first born. The one who changed everything 22 years ago today. I remember the moment you were born realizing how much my mother loved me. I called her a few days after and said, "WOW....YOU REALLY LOVE ME! THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME LIKE THIS!" I remember her loving response and "seeing" her smile through the phone, knowing now that I understood. I spent the first months of your life, with you snuggled against me staring into your face in complete and total awe, completely overwhelmed by the miracle that you are. You were a gentle spirit from day one full of love, you had a deep thoughtful understanding of people from the time you were a toddler, and the most generous soul I'd ever known. You were the child who always included everyone, especially those who would not have been included otherwise. My girl who always always put her brother's needs before her own and set the expectation for how others should treat him, understanding him better than I did for many years. You're a life changer, AJP, the one who goes out of her way to make people feel special and to see their special and to embrace their special. Supportive of all the people who adore you and whom you adore, and you are adored by so many. You are the best biggest sister in the whole world. The best thing is watching you love your brother and sisters so fiercely and them love you back the same way. The relationships you all have is truly the greatest thing I've ever been fortunate enough to witness on a daily basis. You have a quiet wit, the best sense of humor and are truly an artistic genius. Jesus shines through you, and many times when I think What Would Jesus Do in this situation? You have already done it. You have been through some really really hard things and have fought your way to survival sharing your struggles in hopes of helping someone else. I'm proud of you more and more each day. You are my heart, and I adore you.

No comments: