Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ENCOURAGE THEM!

NPayne and I have the following expectation....if you put forth your best effort, then we are happy with whatever the outcome may be. This includes school, sports, Bible Study, everything. Of course I want my children to be succesful in school, sports, dance, etc.; but what I really want for them is to have integrity and good character.....to be happy! I'm not a parent who has put a lot of thought into where they are going to college or what they are going to be when they grow up, or where they are going to live....I'm a parent who has put a lot of thought into how they treat others, helping them learn to be responsible people, encouraging them to take care of their temple, being accepting and kind and loving. Last night two of my girls and I had a little.....ahem....civilized meeting.....where I shared some expectations, and they.....LISTENED! I We decided that I would help them with a few things over the next week or so.....just to make sure we're on the right track. As they both agreed with big smiles on their faces (insert sarcasm), they scooted off to finish homework or go to bed; I got started on a few things to encourage them in a few areas where there have been some struggles. As soon as it's complete, I'll share.....
For now, I sent them off to school with high expectations and encouragement for their afternoon arrival.

No comments: