Friday, May 31, 2013

The Best Day of 1999....May 28th!



May 28th, 1999....fourteen years ago.....SIGH!  We welcomed our Lone Ranger, our only son, a big 9 lb. 13 oz. baby boy!  Becoming a mother changed my life, and with each child; it changed a little more.  But none have changed my life like Cal has.  My girls have taught me many many things, and they continue to do so every day.  My boy, the boy I thought I would never have, has taught me how to live life and make it count!   Cal is my only boy and what a boy he is.  He is a boy who has taught me more about life in 14 years than I have learned in all my years combined. A boy who has helped shape his daddy and me and his four sisters into the people we are. A boy who has shown me how to appreciate the little things, the things that we take for granted, to stop and smell the roses and be grateful. A boy who is so simple and yet so complex. A boy who has touched the lives of so many in a beautiful way. A boy who does not know how to lie, who loves unconditionally, who has struggled with the every day things but has accomplished so many things. A boy who defines the meaning of what you see is what you get. A boy who has been crucial in many "heaven on earth" experiences in my life. A boy who loves the beach, his family, mailboxes, trash trucks and Thomas the Tank Engine. A boy who is not so little anymore, who has blonde fuzzy facial hair above his top lip, who got this really deep voice over night, who is almost as tall as I am. A boy who is growing into a wonderful young man, but who will always be my Lone Ranger! Happy Birthday Callahan Leigh Payne! I simply adore you!

No comments: