Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boys and Girls

It's been a long time, since I've had a two year old boy in my house....almost 9 years. Besides the fact that my two year old boy wasn't a typical rough and tumble kinda two year old boy and the fact that I only had ONE boy at a time, I've noticed the following differences in little boys and little girls. What I'm about to share with you is based solely on observations of two year old twin boys that I keep during the week and my own three year old girl.....also remember Elliot is a full year older than the twins. Now hold onto your hat, because I am going to share my findings with you; and I have a feeling you will be astounded at what I've observed....NOT!

First....boys like trucks....BIG TRUCKS...firetrucks....mail trucks....
garbage trucks....basically any kind of truck. They will ever so loudly exclaim....
"BIG TRUCK" or "FIRETRUCK" or "BUS" whenever they see one.
Girls....not so interested in any sort of transportation!
Girls love to pick flowers and collect them in a vase, bucket, flower pot,
or whatever they can find.
Boys like to step on flowers.

While playing inside....girls like to color, stamp, paint, dress up, etc.
While playing inside....boys like to wrestle, run, and jump on each other.

Girls say things like...."That's beautiful", "Can I wear my tutu?", "Oh no you don't."
Boys say things like...."Run!", "You can't get me!", "Hit it!"

Girls use magic wands to perform....well...magic!
Boys use magic wands to sword fight!

Boys don't mind getting dirty and brush themselves off when they fall down.
Girls gasp at getting dirty and cry a lot when they fall down....
immediately needing a kiss to make it better.

Girls are bossy.
Boys let girls be bossy....or at least one boy does.

Boys laugh at words like..."poo poo", "potty", "pee pee"!
Girls don't laugh at words like...."poo poo", "potty", pee pee"!

Girls will sit for hours and let you read them books.
Boys will let you get through the first page before they bring you another book to read.

Girls pull up their own pants and put on their own shoes and will proclaim "I can do it" when you try to help them.
Boys haven't figured that out yet and will gladly let you do it for them,
but they are learning.

While playing outside....boys climb trees, throw and kick balls, sword fight with baseball bats (I do try to control this), throw rocks, swing, and RUN!
While playing outside....girls color with sidewalk chalk, pick flowers, throw and kick balls, try to take above mentioned baseball bats from above mentioned boys (I do try to control this as well), swing, and RUN!


Boys scream with glee when they hear a loud noise.
Girls scream with fear when they hear a loud noise.


I've also observed that two year old twin boys and my three year old girl ALL do the following....
laugh, whine, complain, giggle, pout, make messes, clean up messes, feed themselves, climb into their own carseats, sit in time out, say "I'm sorry!", give hugs, get hugs, love their lovies, run, play, love to be outside, love books and music, sing "Twinkle Twinkle" and "ABC's", dance, take naps, are getting good at sharing, love the slide and the playground, love to go to school, crack themselves and each other up, are very ticklish, love Addi....Drew...Cal....Bryna, and have the best smiles EVER!

No comments: