Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunday Sermon Summary....Forgiveness!

PSALM 51....written by David after he had committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband,Uriah, killed!

1
(A)Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of
(B)Your compassion (C)blot out my transgressions.
2(D)Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And
(E)cleanse me from my sin.
3For I (F)know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
4(G)Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is
(H)evil in Your sight,
So that
(I)You [a]are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.
5Behold, I was (J)brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
6Behold, You desire (K)truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will
(L)make me know wisdom.
7Purify me (M)with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be
(N)whiter than snow.
8Make me to hear (O)joy and gladness,
Let the
(P)bones which You have broken rejoice.
9(Q)Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
10(R)Create in me a (S)clean heart, O God,
And renew a
(T)steadfast spirit within me.
11(U)Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your
(V)Holy Spirit from me.
12Restore to me the (W)joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a
(X)willing spirit.
13Then I will (Y)teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will
[b]be (Z)converted to You.
14Deliver me from (AA)bloodguiltiness, O God, (AB)the God of my salvation;
Then my
(AC)tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
15O Lord, (AD)open my lips,
That my mouth may
(AE)declare Your praise.
16For You (AF)do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17The sacrifices of God are a (AG)broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
18(AH)By Your favor do good to Zion;
(AI)Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19Then You will delight in (AJ)righteous sacrifices,
In
(AK)burnt offering and whole burnt offering;
Then young bulls will be offered on Your altar.

Ken's sermon was based on forgiveness. To sum it up simply, if you ask and truly long to be forgiven for your sins...no matter what they are...you will be forgiven. That's what Jesus died for....we are washed in His blood, so that we may be forgiven and live eternally with Him. Just ask and truly in your heart want to be forgiven. And then comes the hardest part for some of us....you have to accept His forgiveness!

Matthew 4:17
17(A)From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "(B)Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Thank you for posting this!

I am so thankful for His forgiveness!!