Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fourteen Years Ago....The Best Day of 1997!

Fourteen years ago today, Addison Jo Payne graced us with her presence. She changed my life forever and gave me my first taste of motherhood. WOW....I never knew I could love someone like that. I remember holding her as an infant and staring at her beautiful chubby cheeks....she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen (I promise....I'm not just saying that cuz I'm her mama....she was a gorgeous baby). I found myself crying often at the overwhelming feeling that made my heart so full it felt like it might explode. I told my own mother I knew now how much she loved me, and I thanked her. Addi was a good baby, a good toddler, a good child, a good tween, and now a good teenager. She will be a good young lady and a good mature lady as well....that I'm sure of.
Some things I would like my daughter to know:
Your kind heart and generous soul make me want to be a better person. You are a constant reminder of how Jesus wants me to live. Although you sometimes get upset with me and occasionally have to suffer a negative consequence for something, you NEVER EVER EVER roll your eyes or talk back to me. You just take the consequence with a "Yes ma'am!" and deal with it. You are a wonderful friend and a great role model for your siblings. Your sisters, especially Drew, want to be just like you! Cal trusts you and relies on you, and that is okay by you. You have never treated Cal differently, because he is a special needs child and have always included him. From the time you were a very little girl, you always chose a restaurant (for your birthday dinner) that you knew Cal would go to. You love your family and enjoy spending time with us. You love your God and enjoy spending time with Him. You are a bright spot in my life and a smile in my heart! Your servant nature makes my life that much more rich. You have a beautiful voice that you don't mind sharing in church. You have a wonderful talent with technology that allows you to do great things for people. You use your God given talents well, and you are definitely walking the walk! I adore you, and I can't stand the fact that you're growing up so fast; but I'm also enjoying every single minute of being right smack dab in the middle of it. I love you Addison Jo Payne....you are one of the greatest gifts God has blessed me with!

No comments: