Friday, September 2, 2011

Life Is Good!

Life is good!

My house is a mess...literally as messy as it's ever been, except when Elliot was born; and NPayne came home to a sand castle built on our dining room table....YES I'M COMPLETELY SERIOUS!
My bills are due!
My teenager is NEVER home, and when she is; she's sleeping!
I'm NEVER home, and when I am I'm sleeping...hence the really messy house!
My laundry is completely out of control....more than it has ever been....YES I'M COMPLETELY SERIOUS!
My husband's car does not have working a/c....in the 100+ temps...that he drives an hour to and from work in every day.
My mom is probably really lonely....I haven't seen her in quite a while.
My friends probably forgot who I am....except the few that see me at work.
My clothes are too tight....I've been eating horribly lately.
My head hurts!
My leg hurts....darned tendonitis!
My flowers are dead....darned heat!

But as I said, Life Is GOOD! I have so much to be thankful for, and yes I complain; but I know I have so much to be thankful for even in the midst of complaining. I remember Pastor Ken's Easter morning sermon, a few years ago. He handed out orange bracelets with the following scripture on them:
Phillipians 2:14
Do everything without complaining or arguing!
Anytime you found yourself complaining, you were suppose to snap that orange bracelet or switch it to the other arm or do something to help remind you that.....YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR...even in the midst of complaining....LIFE IS GOOD! And it is!

No comments: