Thursday, September 13, 2018

"Jesus Loves You"

So there's this group of people who spend Saturdays and Sundays caring for homeless people in our cities.  A few weeks ago, I went to help on a Sunday.  There is food, clothing, fellowship and a message about how much Jesus loves us.  I was listening to the pastor while I was handing out food, and he was talking about how God had changed his life.  How he use to be harder and not so loving, then he suffered a terrible tragedy; and the only way he survived it was through the love of Jesus.  He became gentle and full of love.  One of the examples he gave was about how he use to get really angry while driving, but how now he doesn't get angry.  Instead of saying something profane when getting cut off in traffic, he says "Jesus loves you".  I get easily irritated while driving as well, so I decided to give this a try.  I've been saying "Jesus loves you" nearly every time I'm in the car, and let me tell you....it has made a huge difference in my attitude and irritability.  So maybe try something like this when you're feeling cranky or irritated or out of sorts and see if it works for you too.

No comments: