Friday, March 26, 2010

My Baby!




So it looks like we may have some good news....I just received a call from my pediatrician's office, and it seems that my baby does in fact have a UTI! They are running more tests to check some things out, but so far, that seems to be the cause of my girl's extreme discomfort. I know you are thinking....how can a UTI be good news? Well when your baby girl is miserably crying and crying and crying in pain....all sorts of things start to run through your head. When you hear, it's a UTI....you immediately say "THANK GOD! It's nothing more serious!" I will say that yesterday she was about back to normal....just from one day's worth of antibiotics. Today she is her fiesty, fun, fabulous self. She is still not eating much of anything, but she feels GREAT! Thank you....thank you....thank you for praying! I was starting to get a little more than a little concerned....get my drift? Again thank you! We appreciate you tons!
Elliot and Her Mama!

2 comments:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

What fantastic news! What an answer to prayer and I'm so thankful that she is feeling better.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I'm so glad Elliot is feeling better. It's hard when our little ones don't feel good and it seems there is nothing we, as parents, can do. Will keep praying for her.

I think you're right about the meal thing. They like the change, I love not having to fix anything because it wears me out, and the variety is fantastic! Only told me today that I needed to have surgery more often. Think I'll pass on that!

I have struggled with getting Oldest to read, past the books he's required to read in school, and I'm really not impressed by their definition of "classic." I can tell by his low ACT English scores that this is due to his dislike for real reading, but his math and science score are almost perfect. Honey is NOT a reader unless it's his Bible study lesson or work, and Oldest is so much like him it's not funny. Most of the books he has on his shelf are non-fiction and in the animal science field.

I'd really try to find some books on subjects that she's interested in. I read the Christy books as Only was reading them. When I found that Oldest liked a certain genre of books, I tried to encourage it more. When Only was a toddler, she used to carry around a Sew News magazine. If we force them, they'll hate it. It can be frustrating, but it's wonderful that they are gifted in so many different areas. I've probably not helped much. Maybe a visit to a bookstore - don't drag her to a section, but see where she goes. We have some great used bookstore up here that help cut down on cost if they don't have something at the library.