Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TO THE LAKE

We started our Spring Break off with a visit to the private lake that our friends, the Power family, live on. They are always such great hosts when we come to visit, and the kids love to be there....NPayne and I love it too. This time some of our other friends, the Cowen family, joined us, so it was quite a full house....full of laughs, love, good food, family and friends. Cynthia, Leslie are two of my Lifelong friends.

Here is the Power's house.
The Powers had just gotten two new hammocks,
and everyone loved trying them out.
There were a lot of spills while sitting on the hammocks....
some intentional and some accidental!
Getting on and off a hammock is not as easy as you think....
especially when there's more than one person lying on it.

A lot of Cynthia's time was spent doing this.....


A lot of Elliot's time was spent doing this too.
Cynthia and Callahan.
He's pretty good at pretending to be asleep....except for the smile.
Of course maybe he smiles in his sleep....honestly I wouldn't know.
I'm not usually staring at him when he's asleep....
I'm ususally....well...asleep.
Even the dogs slept the days away.


Addi relaxing on the hammock.

Bryna had her turn.
We also spent some time around the campfire.
I spent a lot of my time sitting around the table.....
....looking at this view....
....drinking this....
....and gorging snacking on all of Leslie's fabulous creations.
Homemade sticky buns....
Actually I did refrain from a sticky bun....
since it would send my blood sugar into overload.
But I did eat enough corn salad for 3 people.
Drew on their back deck.

Elliot bright eyed after a nice long nap!
Bryna.....
Here is Firefly Inn....the Powers newest addition.
It's a small house, on the front of their property, that
they are building for guests. It's simply FABULOUS!
It even has a siloh....
....and a sleeping porch!
Simply FABULOUS!

In the distance across the lake....is their cabin....
the A Frame as they call it. This is where we always stay.
Callahan thinks it's ours. He loves it. It's a loft style cabin.
Up in the loft....it has a huge bed that is hung from the ceiling....
it swings when you sleep on it. Jeff, Leslie's husband, built it himself.
Jeff and Leslie lived in the A Frame the first several years they were married.....
until their sweet daughter Beau came along.
Speaking of Beau....there she is!






Fat Cat.....that's his name....because....ahem....he's FAT!
Nacho....the meanest rooster EVER!
He attacked Callahan drawing blood
and tried to attack Elliot
and then he lost his privelege
to roam free and was caged.

Jeff and Leslie....our gracious hosts and
wonderful friends.
They are truly inspirational to NPayne and myself
and are some of the most faithful people I know.
They have endured much pain in their lives, but
they walk close to God....they cling to Him and grow from their heartache.
I LOVE THEM! When I'm with them, I feel rejuvenated.
I enjoy our deep conversations about faith, God's grace and mercy.
I am so blessed to have them in my life.
And they are quite funny as well.
We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

No comments: