Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HOME- the older the better!

Can you guess what they are going to do?
Now do you know?
What about now?
Ahhh....after a few tries...because the construction workers
came back and smoothed over our first attempt....
We finally got all 10 hands in our driveway!
And I added the date, so that when I'm really old and
can't remember anything (oh wait....I already can't remember anything)
I would know how old my babes were when they left these.

I had a dream last night....I had a dream that we moved into another house. Some of you know that I would love to live in the country, so a dream about a move would normally be a good dream. However this move was just across town in a very new house. In the dream, I was walking around the new house with boxes full of our stuff everywhere; and I walked into the backyard. When I saw how small it was, I began to cry. I remember thinking what have we done? Why did we leave our big beautiful old house? In the dream I was crying and nervous about how I was going to tell NPayne that I thought I we had made a huge mistake.
He walked into the door and saw me crying, and I said...."I want to go home!"
He hugged me (no surprise there) and said "Me too!" Although the house was really nice and updated and everyone would have their own room, blah, blah, blah....it was not our home. In the end, we were able to go back to our "old" house; and in the dream....I walked in and looked at the floors that need to be refinished, the cracks that need to be repaired, and all the many other things that need to be done; and I smiled! We were back where we belong....the place all 5 of our babies had been brought home to....the place where we have spent every Christmas morning of their lives....the place that NPayne, my dad and I have worked so hard to make the place we will watch our children grow up....HOME! I think God was reminding me that although there's work to be done, we are so very fortunate to have a place we call HOME! Thank You Jesus!~

No comments: