Friday, May 6, 2011

The Calling

My confidence has been shot, my feelings hurt, my pride stepped on; and yet I choose to remain positive. I choose to remain supportive. I choose to remain encouraged. I choose to remain hopeful. I choose to do what Jesus would do....LOVE! Even when you listen and you know you are being called, and yet the outcome is not what you think it should be....you must stay strong in your faith and be excited....not fearful. You must know that although you believe the calling to be just, people make mistakes. Although you hear "NO", the answer might be "NOT YET"! Sometimes I think you are so vehemently called in a clear path, a clear direction, and you follow it even if you are scared. When it doesn't go the way you thought it would, you might start to doubt that you were hearing Him correctly....when in fact I think you recognized the calling and were obedient but sometimes God can change His mind and shut the door for your own protection or for a bigger calling. I am trusting this to be true and am praying that my ear will not be cut off to hearing what He has in store. Now I just need to listen and decipher what He is telling me to do....and remember it's not about what I want but about what He wants me to do. It's about serving in His name....that I know I am called to do and that I know He will not change His mind about! Thank you My Sweet Savior for speaking so clearly to me. I know you delight in me whether I am not confident or confident, strong or weak, fearful or excited, prideful or humble!

Look not to your own interests but to the interests of others. Phillipians 2:4

If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. Phillipians 2:1-4 The Message

No comments: