Thursday, September 6, 2012

Glorifying God

Three of the five devotionals, daily scriptures, etc. that I read each morning had the same message today.  Focus on God and be alert.  I think He's trying to tell me something....I call those God moments.  When you feel like God is speaking to you so clearly that you can almost hear His voice.  I have been busy and wrapped up in the busyness, but I have felt His nudge a lot lately.  I love that He is nudging me without it being hurtful.  Does that make sense?  What I mean by that is that sometimes I think things occur, that are hurtful, to get your attention.  I don't think God causes hurtful things, but I wonder if He allows them for that reason sometimes.  I was praying about the last nudging I was feeling, and I have discovered that the answer was NO....not this time!  I was hoping to go to Costa Rica with a group from my church in October to do some mission work, but I have discovered recently that my health is not quite up to par; so the answer this time was NO!  Addi will be going as a junior or senior, so I am hoping to go then.  I have also felt a nudge to serve some people who live right down the street, so NPayne and I have been meeting with our pastor to get that ball rolling as well.  I'm very hopeful and excited that this will be a wonderful way to be His hands and feet and form some wonderful new relationships.  I have been trying to be more intentional this week in decisions, conversations, everything I do and asking Does this glorify God?  I'll admit it's easier said than done, but I am trying to make that my purpose in all things I do.  I will be strong in the Lord....I will be strong in the Lord....I will be strong!
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

No comments: