Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3rd.....The Best Day of 2006!

Six years ago, my baby girl brightened our lives with her entry.  She was my longest labor but a fairly easy delivery.  We were completely surprised by her impending birth, but still....she was an answered prayer.  Elliot (meaning: The Lord Is My God), Ann (meaning: graceful or priceless) was the name we gave her.  I knew I wanted a name that began with an E, because we had children with initials A, B, C, D already; and I knew I wanted the use Ann as her middle name.  All of our children have middle names after someone or in honor of someone important in our lives.   I didn't want a name I had heard often, so the research began; and Elliot was the choice.  It fits her perfectly.  Elli was born on Labor Day weekend....not advised if you ever have the choice....there's NO NURSING STAFF at the hospital on Labor Day weekend!  On the positive side, I spent every single minute of our hospital stay with her lying in my arms!  The baby, that we didn't know we were going to be blessed with, has blessed us so much more than we could have even known.  She has us all wrapped around her fingers, and honestly we like it that way!  :)  You would too if you knew her. 














I love the way she smiles with her two little front teeth that poke out.  I love her blue eyes with her almost invisible strawberry blonde eyelashes, crazy curly hair and big darling dimples.  I love how I often hear...."she is your spitting image" and how I say "Thank You!  I must be pretty cute  ;)."  I love her sweet voice, and the gentleness in which she approaches you.  I love that she is often the center of attention but already recognizes that the world doesn't revolve around her.  I love that she LOVES her siblings....adores each of them for different reasons!  I love how she is the most independent child I have....even though she's the youngest.  I love hearing her say "Mama."  I love that she loves sparkly things, white milk, her Pinky Pie, dressing up, having her picture taken, her friends, and that she will break into a song and dance the minute she hears a good beat.  I love that you only have to tell her "NO" once (at least most of the time).  I love how she learns from her mistakes and the look she has on her face when she knows she's done something wrong. I love that she asks me all the "hard" questions and is completely okay with the "I'll tell you when you're older response."  I love that she's mine, and I love that God entrusted her to me!  I love that she sings praise music, Adele, and Twinkle Twinkle all in one car ride.  I love that she loves church and learning about our savior.  I love her!  Thank you dear sweet Jesus for blessing my life more than I could have ever imagined with this sweet child.  My heart overflows with gratitude!

No comments: