Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween!

My kids love Halloween!
Not because of the candy....well....maybe a little because of the candy.
But because Halloween lasts for 2 solid weekends around here.
So they get to dress up in numerous costumes!
This year, Elliot was the only one who wore the same costume to every event.
Of course Cal is not a fan of costumes, so he just went as....well..."CAL"!
On Friday, we walked downtown for the annual Main St. activities.
Yes the street is really called Main St.
They block it off and all of the shop owners hand out goodies.
There are bounce houses, hay mazes, laser tag, and all sorts of fun things to do.
On Saturday, we went down to a local church for their Trunk Or Treat.
Our church hosted Trunk or Treat the weekend before.....see I told you it lasted 2 solid weekends. Here are the girls decorating cookies.
On Friday, Bryna was a pumpkin. On Saturday, she was a dog.
On Friday, Drew was a witch. On Saturday, she was a soccer player.
Addi didn't dress up either day,
but she did wear her self made t-shirt that said "COSTUME" on it.
Here is Cal.....I left his eyes red, so it would look sort of spooky.
Not really, I was just too lazy to edit any of these pictures.
YUM YUM!!!
Elliot and mama. She was not a fan of the clown show that the rest of the family enjoyed.
So she covered her ears for most of it.
I will say, she was pretty stinkin' cute in her princess super hero costume hence she was able to score 2 halloween buckets full of candy. We didn't even purchase candy this year.....I'm all about recycling (which my best friend teases me about all the time), so we gave out what we received. There was no way we would eat all that candy, so our many trick or treaters enjoyed it. We still have 2 big bowls full which I think we will take to the local dentist....she gives you $1/pound of candy....then she throws it away. I'm going to throw it away as well, so we might as well get paid for our trash!! :) My girls LOVE to hand out candy.....really more than they love to get candy....well except for Bryna!
One great part of the night was when Addi registered us for a door prize and guess what?????
We WON.....an IPOD Nano! CHA-CHING! Do you know how much those things cost?
I didn't and honestly I don't really even know what they are!
The best part of Halloween is being together as a family and doing fun stuff for 2 solid weekends!
As the years pass, I know our Halloween celebrations will dwindle; and eventually NPayne and I will be left alone to hand out candy! WHOA Nelly....what am I saying....we actually have many more years of Halloween....Elliot is only 3!!!

No comments: