Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5th.....The Best Day of 2001!

Today is your day.....the day you entered this world as our daughter....our precious gift from above. Today is a day to celebrate....another year together. Today is a day that brings great joy to my heart and a wonderful memory of my daddy.....you share his birthday....you were his greatest birthday present ever! Drew Michelle Payne is NINE years old today and for that I am so thankful and a little melancholy as I think back and realize how time goes by so quickly. You are more than our daughter....you are a treasured gift!
Drew is the most like me!
She is sensitive, a worrier.
She carries the weight of the world on her shoulders.
She is neat and tidy and organized.
She eats about anything and is not a huge fan of meat.
She is quiet and a little shy, but she will laugh out loudly if she thinks something is funny.
She is a deep thinker and takes things very personal!
Drew is a good friend and a peacemaker.
Drew would rather buy something used than new.
She loves garage sales, flea markets, second hand stores,
other people's junk, and a BARGAIN! She loves to create and always
praises her mama for anything I create!
I love how you spend so much time and detail
in writing letters to our Aids orphans that we sponsor.
I love how you call them your family, and I love how you spent so much time
trying to figure out which one to sponsor. I know if you could, you would sponsor them all.
I love how you're a bluejeans and sneakers kinda girl
but will dress up and look fabulous doing so!
I love that you never want to wear any sort of hairbow, or hairclip;
but you will gladly wear a hat!
I love to watch you play soccer and see how hard you play
and how much you love it! I love that I rarely have to remind you to
practice the piano, because you do it on your own.
I love that even though you're NINE, you still have such a sweet
innocent baby face!
I love that you are adventurous.....but not too adventurous....
and that you LOVE to be outside....no matter what the weather.
I love that you love being a big sister and love Elliot so very much.
I love that she is so much like you!

I love that you and Bryna are so different but
still have so much fun together. I love that you share a room
and that you are so encouraging and great at compromising with her.
I love that she looks up to you, and you are a good role model.

I love that Cal invites you into his room....his palace....and
asks you to play with him. But I love it more that you will go into his room....
his palace....and play with him. I love that you and he look so much alike!
I love and appreciate that you look out for him and defend him when he has been bullied!
I love that you would do that for anyone!
I love that you love your big sister, and that you
strive to be like her; but you also stay true to yourself.
I love that you have learned a lot from her and are now sharing
what you learned with Bryna and Elliot.
I love that you are bashful
but still love it when they sing
"Happy Birthday" to you at the restaurant.....
and will even sport the sombrero.
I love that you love your church and that you
are always excited to serve the church and others
in anyway you can!
I love that you LOVE to read.....especially The Bible!
I love that you LOVE animals and would
have as many as we will allow.
I love that you love camping with your daddy!
I love that you love fishing, the lake, the ocean,
building sandcastles, just being a kid.....in God's beautiful creation!
I love that even though you're the most serious child of my 5,
you will make a silly face if I ask you to!
I love that you love your brother and sisters and your family!
I love that you would rather spend time with your family than
do anything else.
I love that you want a house full of children when you grow up,
and you like being the "SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE CHILD".
I love that you love the simple things in life.
I love that you are an appreciative child, and that you try not to take
things for granted.
I love that you are content and realize how blessed and fortunate you are.

For you I am so thankful!
Someday when you're a mother, I know that you will be so thankful for your children.
I thank God daily for your existence, but I truly don't feel like I could ever thank Him enough for the gift He has given us in you!
Drew you are quiet and shy....
kind and generous....
concerned and a servant....
a big sister and a little sister....
beautiful on the inside and out....
a tomboy who "cleans up" nicely....
athletic and musical....
determined and organized....
efficient and prompt....
innocent and worldly....
thrifty and content
I love that you have an old soul!
I love that you appreciate hand me downs,
and treasures that belonged to your great grandparents.
I love that you always make sure we use Granny's salad bowl when we have salad for dinner.
I love that you love to REMEMBER and want to learn about your heritage.
I love that you love hearing stories about my childhood and your daddy's!
I love that you are sentimental like me!
I love that you are mine.....at least for a short time....and that I will see you in Heaven.
I ADORE YOU!!!
Love Mom!



1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Oh, Lorie, she sounds like such an awesome little girl!!!! Wow, and so mature!!!!

Happy Birthday, sweetie!!!!!