Monday, February 22, 2010

"I Don't Like It"

"I Don't Like It!" The twin boys that I watch have a new favorite phrase....."I don't like it!" They typically only say it when....it's time to take a nap, clean up, or share, because they're 2 and although they enjoy their nap....cleaning up and sharing aren't their favorite things! Other than that, life is good for 2 1/2 year old little guys. I started thinking about things that make me want to say, "I don't like it!".....so hold onto your hats....here are a few:
Spending money on house repairs or appliances...I Don't Like It! For example, a new microwave ;) !
Spending money on socks and underwear.....I Don't Like It! Unless of course it's because someone is potty trained! :)
Walking to the car in the pouring down rain and getting soaked to the bone, because I think an umbrella is useless while trying to get 3 little ones 3 and under to the car.....I Don't Like It!
Getting up early.....I Don't Like It!
Bad Coffee....I Don't Like It! Spending $5 for Starbucks.....I Don't Like It...the cost, not the coffee!
BUSYNESS.....I Don't Like It!
Clutter....I Don't Like It!
Many things on TV....I Don't Like It!
Dusting.....I REALLY Don't Like It!
Clean clothes that sit in the laundry basket.....I Don't Like It!
Greediness....I Don't Like It!
Being talked down to.....I Don't Like It!
UNKINDNESS....I Don't Like It!
Gossip....I Don't Like It!
Conflict.....I REALLY Don't Like It!
Teachers who won't reply to email....I Don't Like It!
Being asked to send money to school for all kinds of things.....I Don't Like It!
Our Out of Control Garage.....I Don't Like It! I do admit that some of that is my doing as well.
FRIVELOUSNESS....I Don't Like It! I have to pray hard about this one as I often find myself placing judgements on wealthy individuals and how they spend their money!
Car repairs.....I Don't Like It!
Ungratefulness....I Don't Like It!
Unwanted stuff in the background of a potentially great photo....I Don't Like It!
Inconsideration....I Don't Like It!
Arthritis Pain....I Don't Like It!
Talking on the phone....I Don't Like It!
Walmart....I Don't Like It! Except the one by my best friend's house....it's really neat and organized!
The dentist.....I Don't Like It!
Those are just a few....really I'm not that negative, and I hate to admit it; but I struggle with many of these characteristics which is one of the reasons....I DON'T LIKE IT!

I do like love:
My life
My God
My church
My husband
My children
My family
My friends

I am blessed by wonderful relationships and fortunate to have my needs met, as well as, many of my wants.....so maybe I'll start saying, "I Love It!"

No comments: