Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Cry In Church, But I Don't Cry In Sunday School!

I cried in Sunday School this past week.....really that's not too surprising, but it is a little surprising. I am a weepy kinda gal....and I cry often during church....usually happy, joyful tears....but I don't cry often during Sunday School. But this Sunday, I cried during Sunday School! We watched a few videos, from "The Hole In Our Gospel" and the images are heartbreaking.....really they are more than that.....they are rip your heart right out of your chest and stomp on it kinda sad! And yes, a huge vat of emotions welled up inside of me when I saw the coffin with the parent lying on it sobbing. And yes, a huge vat of emotions welled up inside of me when I saw the many children dying in the arms of their mother. And yes, a huge vat of emotions welled up inside of me when I saw the orphans who are totally alone and living in a child headed house. But those aren't what really made me cry.....I've read the book and although the images in the book aren't actual photos, they are intense and as painful as they images I saw on the videos. What really made me cry was ME and everyone else around ME! I was so moved by what I feel God calling me to do.....I was so frustrated by what I feel God is calling me to do.....I was so saddened by what I feel God is calling me to do....I was so excited by what I feel God is calling me to do, because honestly I haven't done it. The revelation is on the brink of being revealed, and I am waiting and praying....growing more and more impatient. I cried, because I know I, WE, US, EVERYONE could be doing more. I cried, because I am only one person; but I am one person with a purpose and a passion.....and I need to live it out. I cried, because the revelation is coming; and I am ready. I cried, because the Holy Spirit was so present in that Sunday School room; and I could feel IT stirring inside of me. I cried, because I am completely OVERWHELMED by all of this. I cried, because I kept trying to put myself in the shoes of that mother holding your child as she dies; because you can't feed her. But mostly I cried, because I am anxious and ready and willing and a little scared...okay maybe a little more than a little scared! I cried in Sunday School, and it was because of GOD's calling; and it was a good thing!
Matthew 25:31-46

No comments: