Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why You Should Always Wear Gloves In The Snow...

It snowed today.....way down in the south....it snowed. We usually get snow one, maybe two, days out of the year. Today it snowed, and it was beautiful snow....good snow....build a big snowman snow. UNFORTUNATELY or FORTUNATELY.....depending on how you look at it.....my older 4 children had to go to school. UNFORTUNATELY or FORTUNATELY....depending on how you look at it....our schools have already been closed for tomorrow! This morning, it was just me, Elli, and the two little twin cuties that I watch. We were heading out the door.....me carrying one little twin boy at a time to the car....when I told Elli "Wait for me on the porch, and I'll come back to get you!" I take one little boy to the car....get him in and buckled up, then another to the car....get him in and buckled up. I start to head to the porch to get my sweet little girl....and then I see her....lying flat on her back in the middle of the fresh fallen snow in our yard! She was moving her arms and legs as fast as she could to make a snow angel, so I did what any good mother would do, I ran inside and got my camera!!!! I missed the snow angel picture, but I did get the ones below....
There she is right after the snow angel....contemplating her next move!
She's officially decided that she will pick up some snow....NO GLOVE ON HER HANDS....and do something with it!
Then she sees the camera.....and just like a photographer's daughter....she stops to pose....NO GLOVES ON HER HANDS with a big snowball in her hand.
As she begins to throw the snowball.....she poses again....just like the good daughter of a photographer....still NO GLOVES ON HER HANDS!
OH Wait a minute she suddenly thinks....Why are my hands hurting? Then she says, "Mommy....my hand is hurt!" To which I reply, "That's because you have NO GLOVES ON YOUR HANDS!" All the while the two twin cuties are watching out of the car window and smiling and probably wondering.....WHY DOESN'T SHE HAVE GLOVES ON HER HANDS?

No comments: