Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Project In The Works

My daughter, Addison, who is almost 13 has a project in the works. I am going to help her with it, and we are hoping to raise money for something that is very near and dear to our hearts.....Autism Speaks. She has raised almost $2000 the last two years by simply holding a lemonade stand over a weekend in our front yard. A few years ago, she came to me and said...."I want to have a lemonade stand to raise money for autism!" How could I say NO....and we literally had the first annual Lemonade Extravaganza the next day. She raise over $800....can you believe that? $800! The next year, she again, said "I want to have a lemonade stand, and I want to raise $1000!" You know what, she did! This past Fall, we decided to forgo The Lemonade Extravaganze and do something in the spring. We have put our heads together and after a suggestion she made, I think we have a plan for a fundraising project in the works. I am not going to give you details, but I will give you a hint....every time I think about it....I tear up! I think it is going to be amazing....just like my Addi and her brother Cal....who is the reason she started the fundraising in the first place. When I think about my son, I am finally coming to a place where I don't feel anxious and uncertain more than I feel calm and comfortable. Yes his future is very uncertain....honestly I have no idea what it holds, but I have seen so much progress in my boy that I can't begin to explain it in words. He is a treasure....a pure heart and soul and a treasure! His sisters are treasures too! I am one blessed mama!

1 comment:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Wow! What a heart for others you have instilled in your family. I love that Addison started this and is being a role model for her younger siblings. What a testimony to the love that is shown and shared in your family! Can't wait to hear more details!