Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Call!

So much has happened over the last few months. Remember the nudge I have been having about providing clean water to people who don't have it? Since that nudge and the meetings I've been attending at church, many things are brewing. Our church has adopted a village in Kenya....in this "adoption" we will be working with people in Kenya to help decide what we can do to help them become self sufficient, to help them thrive, to help them stay healthy, to help them live. As I type this, a group from our church....including our pastor.....is in Kenya. I am excited for them to return and hear what our next step is going to be. I also went and spent some time with one of my Lifelong friends, Leslie, this past weekend. She is also feeling the nudge, and we had very long discussions about this. She led me to the following blog....Kisses From Katie. You can get to it by clicking here. After reading it and talking with Leslie....I am really feeling the nudge to support Katie's efforts and Amazima which means "truth"! This young woman is truly an amazing person who has given up so much to answer a calling from God. She will tell you that it has not been easy, and her heart has been broken in doing so; but she will also tell you that her heart is so full of joy because of JESUS CHRIST. This young 20 something year old woman is currently the mother to 14 young daughters in Uganda. She is such an inspiration and a true soldier for our Heavenly Father! She is leading these villagers to Christ by being the hands and feet of Jesus. I am not suggesting this is what God is calling us all to do, but I am suggesting that maybe we should all be more willing to give up much more than we do to answer His call....me included. I strongly encourage you to read her blog and feel your life be changed. Then this morning I checked my email to find an email from a friend about PUR water. I have researched this, and we have been discussing this in our church meetings about how to help the village in Kenya get clean water. I think it is all so fascinating....if you have never heard of this....go to their website and watch the demonstration of how this one little packet can clean 10 liters of water. In the email my friend not only mentioned PUR water, but she said something that really clarified something for me....she said "a shipment of this to Bishop William could change his world". It dawned on me that I don't have to wait for our "Kenyan Village" group to get started, I can start now. I will admit that the waiting and researching and meetings are great and exciting, but I do wish we could get the ball rolling. I know there are lots of details that have to be ironed out but in the meantime, children are dying. If you are feeling led or even if you aren't, check out the PUR water website and check out Katie's blog. Your life will be impacted whether you want it to or not!

No comments: